Last modified: February 5, 2020
BomaLink ("Company" or "We") respects your privacy and is committed to being transparent about the data we collect from you and protecting your privacy through our compliance with this policy.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and/or subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and/or subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website]
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at:
19785 West 12 Mile Road, STE 414
Southfield, MI 48076
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site or as you use some of our services or services provided by our affiliates. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, when you use the services of our business partners or customers such as employers or applicant tracking systems providing us job application data.
- when others import or sync their contacts or calendar with our products, associate their contacts with profiles, scan and upload business cards, or send messages using our products (including invites or connection requests). If you or others opt-in to sync email accounts with our products, we will also collect “email header” information that we can associate with profiles.
- We get data when you visit sites that include our ads, cookies or some of our plugins or when you log-in to others’ services with your account.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website. You can choose to provide information in your profile fields or information about your religious views, political views, or your career on the Website. This and other information (such as racial or ethnic origin, philosophical beliefs or trade union membership) could be subject to special protections under the laws of your country.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- Information in or about the content you provide (like metadata), such as the location of a photo or the date a file was created. It can also include what you see through features we provide. Our systems automatically process content and communications you and others provide to analyze context and what's in them for the purposes described below. Learn more about how you can control who can see the things you share.
- Information about the people, accounts and groups you are connected to and how you interact with them across our Website, such as people you communicate with the most or groups you are part of. We also collect contact information if you choose to upload, sync or import it from a device, which we use for things like helping you and others find people you may know and for the other purposes listed below.
- Information about how you use our Website, such as the types of content you view or engage with; the features you use; the actions you take; the people or accounts you interact with; and the time, frequency and duration of your activities. For example, we log when you're using and have last used our Website, and what posts, videos and other content you view on our Website. We also collect information about how you use features like our camera.
- Information about transactions made on our Website. If you use our Website for purchases or other financial transactions (such as subscriptions or a donation), we collect information about the purchase or transaction. This includes billing, shipping and contact details.
- Things others do and information they provide about you. We also receive and analyze content, communications and information that other people provide when they use our Website. This can include information about you, such as when others share or comment on a photo of you, send a message to you, or upload, sync or import your contact information.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages or you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you. We use the information we have to deliver the Website, including to personalize features and content (including your News Feed) and make suggestions for you (such as groups or events you may be interested in or topics you may want to follow). We connect information about your activities on Website to provide a more tailored and consistent experience on all the Website products you use, wherever you use them. We can also make your experience more seamless, for example, by automatically filling in your registration information (such as your phone number).
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us. We also use the information we have to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about the Website’s offerings, and let you know about our policies and terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection. We use the information we have (including from research partners we collaborate with) to conduct and support research and innovation on topics of general social welfare, technological advancement, public interest, health and well-being.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- We use location-related information-such as your current location, where you live, the places you like to go, and the businesses and people you're near-to provide, personalize and improve the Website products, including ads, for you and others. Location-related information can be based on things like precise device location (if you've allowed us to collect it), IP addresses, and information from your and others' use of the Website products (such as events you attend).
- We use the information we have to develop, test and improve our Website products, including by conducting surveys and research, and testing and troubleshooting new products and features.
- We use the information we have about you-including information about your interests, actions and connections-to select and personalize ads, offers and other sponsored content that we show you. Learn more about how we select and personalize ads, and your choices over the data we use to select ads and other sponsored content for you in the BomaLink settings.
- We use the information we have (including your activity off the Website, such as the websites you visit and ads you see) to help advertisers and other partners measure the effectiveness and distribution of their ads and services, and understand the types of people who use their services and how people interact with their websites, apps, and services.
- We use the information we have to verify accounts and activity, combat harmful conduct, detect and prevent spam and other bad experiences, maintain the integrity of the Website, and promote safety and security on and off of the Website. For example, we use data we have to investigate suspicious activity or violations of our terms or policies, or to detect when someone needs help.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent. We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to you or our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
- We use your information to enable you stay informed about relevant news and to stay connected with your contacts and other members.
- promoting membership and network growth, engagement and our services, such as by showing your connections that you have used a feature on our services.
- We use data (which can include your communications) to investigate, respond to and resolve complaints and for service issues (e.g., bugs).
- We use your data to produce and share insights that do not identify you.
- We use your data (including your communications) for security purposes or to prevent or investigate possible fraud or other violations and/or attempts to harm our members, visitors or others.
Disclosure of Your Information
Any data that you include on your profile and any content you post or social action (e.g., likes, follows, comments, shares) you take on our services will be seen by others, consistent with your settings.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all the Company's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the "email a friend" feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of BomaLink, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
We store your data until it is no longer necessary to provide our services, or until your account is deleted - whichever comes first. However, we may retain your personal data even after you have closed your account if reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations (including law enforcement requests), meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, maintain security, prevent fraud and abuse
We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. When you delete your account, we delete things you have posted, such as your photos and status updates, and you won't be able to recover that information later. Information that others have shared about you isn't part of your account and won't be deleted.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users.
If you don't want to delete your account but want to temporarily stop using the Website, you can deactivate your account instead. To delete your account at any time, please visit the Website Settings.
We generally retain your personal data as long as you keep your account open or as needed to provide you services. This includes data you or others provided to us and data generated or inferred from your use of our services. Even if you only use our services when looking for a new job every few years, we will retain your information and keep your profile open, unless you close your account. In some cases, we choose to retain certain information (e.g., insights about services use) in a depersonalized or aggregated form.
Cross-border transfer of data
We process data both inside and outside of the United States and rely on legally-provided mechanisms to lawfully transfer data across borders. Countries where we process data may have laws which are different from, and potentially not as protective as, the laws of your own country.
Bases for processing data
We will only collect and process personal data about you where we have lawful bases. Lawful bases include consent (where you have given consent), contract (where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you). We rely on your consent to process personal data, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time and where we rely on legitimate interests, you have the right to object.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at:
19785 West 12 Mile Road, STE 414
Southfield, MI 48076
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out confidential information in public areas of the Website like comment sections. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
19785 West 12 Mile Road, STE 414
Southfield, MI 48076