Experian is the worlds leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create more opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. We are thrilled to share that FORTUNE has named Experian one of the 100 Best Companies to work for. In addition, for the last five years weve been named in the 100 Worlds Most Innovative Companies by Forbes Magazine.
Experians Summer Internship Program is a unique opportunity for students across the country to gain hands-on work experience in our innovative global company. Our interns work alongside Experian employees to tackle meaningful projects and gain valuable skills in their chosen field. During our summer internship program, interns will have access to the latest technologies and challenging work. As a summer intern, youll learn about our exciting financial inclusion products and programs, experience philanthropic events that make us a force for good, and network across our global business units. Get ready to discover the unexpected as a part of our #uniquelyexperian summer internship program.
About this role
As a Technology Productivity Intern your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Drive productivity by utilizing a Lean Six Sigma, PDCA, and Agile methodology
Learn about product development operational processes
- Collaborate with various stakeholders and cross-functional teams to gather information and build relationships
- Identify potential inefficiencies within various processes
- Lead a team in implementing productivity projects focused on software development best practices and standards
- Support current project managers as needed
Currently enrolled in a Master's degree program in a related field of study, preferably in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technical MBA, or equivalent field
Interns must be returning to school in the Fall of 2023 to complete degree program
- Experience in one or more of the following product development and software engineering: test automation, refactoring code, test-driven development, build infrastructure, optimizing software, debugging, building tools, and testing frameworks
- Understanding best practices and standards around cloud computing and software development
Knowledge of public cloud providers, preferred Azure or AWS
Knowledge of BitBucket or equivalent source code repository platform and CI/CD
- Experience working in an Agile Development Environment
- Experience in programming styles, data structures, algorithms, etc.
- Lean Six Sigma, process mapping, and workshop facilitation
- Prior internship or professional experience
- Productivity and Collaboration tools: Office 365, Slack
- Deals well with ambiguous or undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
Comfortable performing requirements analysis, and documenting solutions
Excellent interpersonal skills
- Willingness to professionally present to peers and leadership on a regular basis
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Energetic team player who readily adapts to change and enjoys rapid development with minimal supervision
- Confident of your skills, abilities and willing to share what you know, while learning from others
- This position can be 100% remote
Volunteer Time Off
- Flexible work schedule and relaxed dress code
- 401(k) after 90 days of employment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and and it reflects what we believe. See our DEI work in action!
If you live in Colorado, Connecticut or New York City, please contact us here for the salary range of this position (include this Job Title in your email). In addition to a competitive base salary and variable pay opportunity, Experian offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, life and disability insurance, generous paid time off including parental and family care leave, an employee stock purchase plan and a 401(k) plan with a company match.
Experian Careers - Creating a better tomorrow together