Primary Location: 6305 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Communications
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 219118
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Cox Communications is searching for a Technical Analyst IV who understands and can translate the automation business/project needs, and works with Business Analyst, Business Team and Automation Engineers to validate the business requirements and determine the system requirements. The Technical Analyst collaborates with the design teams to determine application, database, & other system impacts based on the requirements. The Technical Analyst works closely with other members of the technical teams to ensure all requirements are addressed in the solution design.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Works with Business Teams to interpret customer and business needs and translate them into application, system, technical and operational requirements for automations.
- Engages and participates in projects/applications requirement sessions in order to ensure proper technical requirements are clearly documented, testable, and managed.
- May work closely with business and boundary partners (Field Operations, Customer Care and vendors) to support application lifecycle from development through implementation.
- Communicates technical and business aspects of work efforts between team members.
- Determines impact on existing applications & databases based on requirements. Understands applications and systems and provides development input to architects/engineers during the analysis phase.
- Provides project manager with time and resource estimates for technical requirements.
- Works with technical team to ensure all requirements are addressed in solution design.
- Coordinates with QA for testing new features and bug fixes to verify results are as expected.
- Works directly with Development and QA teams to complete application implementations with minimal impact to customers.
- Develops technical documentation, processes, installation procedures and service guides, application training information and may assist in the development of end-to-end documentation for various projects and supported products/applications
- Participates in peer review of solution design documentation.
- Reviews vendor documents as appropriate including detailed functional specifications, and file and field layouts and determines if vendor solutions meet Cox requirements.
- Develops measurements and reports on key service-level metrics.
- Possesses a clear understanding of the architecture standards, a high-level understanding of the business, and a deep understanding of respective domain architectures (business, information, application, technology)
- Depicts the enterprise information conceptually, logically, and physically
- Identifies architectural implications of the business requirements
- May be responsible for entire projects or functions having modest scope/impact or portions of projects having considerable scope/impact to department, area, and, at times, business unit results
- Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem-solving skills to deal creatively with complex situations
- BA/BS or 5+ years of related experience
- 3-5 years of experience in related field.
- Seasoned professional contributor with responsibility for an advanced area of work in the professional field
- Experience with Oracle PL/SQL and Informatica ETL are ideal, experience with any of the following are desired: Data analysis using R or Python, graph database analysis, time-series database analysis
- Knowledge of: ICOMS, UET, Granite, Salesforce, and JIRA a plus
- Project Management experience (Scope/Schedule/Budget)
- Experience with various development methodologies (Agile, SDLC)
- Experience working across a wide variety of enterprise groups (Sales Ops, Service Assurance, Business Ops, Field Services, etc.)
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.