Primary Location: 6205-B Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Communications
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 218306
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Cox Communications is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who will develop, implement, integrate and maintain applications, APIs, and custom connectors in support of an evolving and completely focused Cox Media Product Portfolio. Under general supervision and in collaboration with Developers, Architects, Data experts and key Stakeholders. In the role you will formulate and define system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop and/or modify moderately complex information systems. Along with the creation of detailed specifications that will support the creation of customized code in optimal frameworks, you will design, code, debug, unit/integration test, and author supporting documents to introduce highly scalable solutions within our Product ecosystem. Development will be in the following areas but not limited to: AWS Cloud solutions, Back Office Solutions, Customer Relationship Management, Workflow Automation, Sales Side Platforms, Demand Side Platforms, and API system integrations.
- Completes all technical development tasks pertaining to applications per approved projects and allocated budgets;
- Interfaces extensively with functional users to confirm the viability of design alternatives, identifies and recommends cost effective options, and addresses user concerns;
- Interfaces as necessary with all critical integration points to ensure that applications are integrating successfully and efficiently with all requested applications;
- Conducts necessary internal quality assurance, system testing, and load testing to ensure that the application is of high quality when released to users for the User Acceptance Testing phase of the project (manage all necessary migration of software code to/from the respective environments - development, quality assurance, training);
- Works closely with end users and corporate sponsors during the User Acceptance Testing phase of the project to ensure that any and all necessary changes to the application can be accommodated to meet user requirements while also honoring timeline and budget restrictions;
- Provides detailed deployment documentation to the support group to ensure preparedness to deploy new releases into the production environment within the SLA windows
- Designs, implements, and maintains databases with respect to access methods, access time, validation checks, and statistical methods;
- Maps workflow and creates design specifications based on functional requirements;
- Translates logical information model to efficient physical and cloud hosted database designs;
- Configures, analyzes, designs, develops, and maintains program code and applications to support business processes and functions; works on large, complex installations;
- At the lower levels, responsibilities may focus primarily on simple systems analysis and development activities. At the senior level positions, responsibilities may focus primarily on design and development of innovative business solution systems.
- At higher levels, designs and consults on data design, database architecture, metadata and repository creation; develops data warehousing blueprints, evaluates hardware and software platforms, and integrates systems.
- Evaluates reusability of current data for additional analysis;
- Reviews object and data models and the metadata repository to structure the data for better management and quicker access.
- Serves as an expert to application developers to provide expertise on database capabilities and constraints.
- Exposure to design patterns and application architecture
- Strong analytical aptitude and ability to learn modern/new technologies quickly
- Ability to interpret JAVA or .Net C# Based applications and provide guidance in combined solutions.
- 5-8 years of experience in related field Application Development OR MS/MA
- 3-5 Years experience programming in .NET or JAVA Enterprise Edition, JAVA Web Services, SaaS, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, API Development, JSON, Micro Services, JBOSS, Cloud and Premise applications
- BS/BA in related discipline strongly preferred (i.e., Computer Science)
- Back office/Workflow Automation Development Experience
- Campaign/Order Management Development Experience
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.