Job Summary and Mission
The ERP Development Team seeks a Senior Application Developer to help drive our Oracle EBS Supply Chain and Finance Technical space forward in our Oracle E-Business Suite implementations. Given Starbucks multifaceted growth and complex distribution network, this position will be exposed to intricate, evolving models, and scaling challenges, necessitating a deep understanding of the EBS technology stack pertaining to Supply chain and Finance modules.
Summary Of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Technical Design and Implementation
- Collaborates in planning, decomposing, estimating, scheduling, prioritization, and resource allocation exercises. Mitigates risk with prototypes for complex problems as appropriate. Build incrementally, with an eye toward vision of the final product. Provides transparency in approach and progress, throughout the process.
- Participates in the solution design process: requirements gathering and backlog refinement, shapes, and guides systems approach, helps with project initiation, contributes to functional design, and leads technical design and development.
- Develops software solutions to business problems. Leverages established design patterns and coding standards. Builds solutions that are secure, durable, scalable, flexible, and accessible and proactively mitigate against production support issues.
- Automates test coverage per platform capabilities and requirements. Establishes and maintains continuous build and integration testing on applicable platforms and assists with manual system and integration testing efforts.
- Key contributor and driver in the deployment approach, including planning and execution, data conversion approach, script development and execution, warranty period and transition of the solution to the platform's operational context.
- Operates in both waterfall and Agile Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) processes and methodologies.
- Proactively participates in helping shape candidate solutions on the platform. This consultative part of the role explores the business capability portfolio to guide and direct solution options to ensure health of the platform.
- Plays a creative role in the Platform Stewardship portfolio. Contributes to the vision, roadmap, and platform investments needed to take our business solutions to the next level. Identifies, influences, sells, and prioritizes innovative platform opportunities, as well as technical debt, with regular reviews, creating programs and solutions to raise the level of the platform offering or remediate systemic operational problems.
- Partners with cross functional teams, such as Infrastructure, Security, Architecture, QA and key Development teams, to strengthen and elevate the platform from a technology perspective. Successfully drives designs and solutions through enterprise processes and governance to ensure compliant, secure and supportable solutions.
- Deepens vendor relationships to understand and influence vendor product offerings and roadmaps, improves support engagement and gains insight into technology trends.
- Contributes to the platform development community by providing input, content and feedback on design patterns, coding standards, and shared libraries.
- Provides project leadership; initiates, organizes and champions small to medium development efforts for a team of developers over a shared code base.
- Supervises delivery of other developers on the team by setting priority and guiding deliverables.
- Keeps projects on course by coordinating activities, monitoring project schedules and costs.
- Represents the Development Team when engaged with cross functional teams, including functional analysts, Project Management, Development, Architecture, Infrastructure and the business customer.
- Negotiates, facilitates, and influences others to gain alignment and mutually agreeable outcomes in complex and ambiguous situations. Socializes technical approach and design to project team and corresponding dependent teams.
- Takes on leadership opportunities within the development team. Initiates and facilitates team meetings to socialize technical ideas, encourages a culture of technical excellence among peers, and identifies good opportunities for adopting innovation.
- Coaches and mentors’ other application developers learning new skills and technologies.
- Exhibits leadership courage with respectful, articulate positions to influence critical technology solutions.
Business Capability Portfolio
- Consults in the IT planning process by providing application and platform expertise for new business capabilities under consideration.
- Tracks and communicates planned and in-flight business capability efforts, contributes and influences approach, scoping exercises and resource estimation.
- For a small to medium area of the business capability portfolio, rationalizes, designs and oversees solution changes in the sustainment process.
Production Support for application and platform components
- Fulfills responsibilities for on call support, including potential coverage of pager rotation.
- Collaboratively and effectively diagnoses, troubleshoots and remediates incidents and problems to support the end user community. Initiates and leads root cause analysis efforts to identify and implement solutions to operational issues.
- Creates, maintains and reports operational Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) on items such as performance, service incidents and tickets set forth by the organization leadership. Identifies systemic problems that need holistic solutions and feedback into platform roadmap exercises.
- Creates and maintains documentation supporting training, system administration, deployment, and operational processes and procedures.