Senior Mobile Developer - iOS Apple 100% Remote Must live in TexasInformation Technology
At Houston Methodist the Senior Mobile Developer is responsible for planning, analyzing, designing, implementing, testing, and maintaining mobile, standalone, or Internet/Intranet applications offered by the department, as directed by management.
Responsible for the implementation of security and the performance monitoring of applications. Reviews and redesigns existing applications as needed, implements new applications with database and inter-system connectivity. Assists in the technical management of applications and servers, including software installation, configuration, testing, and file management. Works in conjunction with other team members in the development of software with emphasis on programming, testing, and implementation of applications across varied layers and platforms. Supports Technical Lead in developing the architecture, design, and implementation of software applications.
Leveraging your native mobile application development experiences, you can help a high performing team develop mobile apps even better and faster. This small team delivers at a rapid pace that can only be accelerated with the right team addition.
What you have:
• 5 years iOS development
• UIKit and SwiftUI
• Third Party Library Integration
• Restful Services
• Unit tests, preferable with XCTes
• Test Automation
• Firebase, including Test Lab
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are essential functions of the job.
PEOPLE - 25 %
- Collaborates with team members within the assigned project, and/or department effort. (EF)
- Engages and interfaces with all stakeholders within or outside the organization. (EF)
- Develops relationships and engage in regular communications within the department, IT and the organization at large. (EF)
SERVICE - 20%
- Respond promptly to internal and external customer requests. (EF)
- Mentor and guide team members in achieving standards set by management in order to achieve high quality of software produced.
QUALITY/SAFETY - 35 %
- Develop and design applications that utilize set standards to ensure the highest quality. (EF)
- Ensure written software is tested and meets the expectations of the stakeholder per previously discussed and accepted requirements. (EF)
- Execute daily, iteration and project level tasks on time and within committed timeframes. (EF)
- Lead the design and development of assigned projects. (EF)
- Lead small and mid sized projects. (EF)
FINANCE - 5 %
- Identify cost saving or revenue opportunities. Utilizes department resources and supplies effectively. (EF)
- Manage time effectively to meet established and committed deadlines. (EF)
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 15 %
- Pursue knowledge of new technologies and methodologies that improve productivity, workflow, production, efficiency, and effectiveness. (EF)
- Seek out innovative technologies that provide solutions to new ideas, trends, and concepts. (EF)
- Proactively manages own professional development. Completes Individual Development Plan. (IDP)
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS or similar.
- Five years Native iOS or Android development to include two years experience working with database systems such as SQL Server and Oracle.
- For iOS development: latest Xcode (swift 3 or swift 4), Cocoapods, Third Party Library integration, Restful Services, Unity tests (preferably with XCTes)
- For Android development: latest Android Studio, Gradle for builds, Third Party Library integration, Restful Services, writing unit tests, (preferably with Junit)
- Healthcare industry experience preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
- MCSD or other pertinent certification preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations.
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals from different countries and cultures, with a sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Ability to effectively participate in multiple, competing, high-priority projects with varying deadline and organize workload for effective implementation of multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to think analytically with strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Motivated self starter with initiative.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Experience with Source Code Management, with Team Foundation Server or Git preferred.
- SiteCore version 8 or newer, Coveo Search Engine experience preferred.
- Xamarin, Native Android or IOS mobile development experience preferred
- .Net / Web API experience preferred.
|Other (dept approved)||No|
|On-Call*||Yes, on a regular basis (for Non-Exempt or Exempt jobs)|
*Note that employees may be required to be on-call during emergencies (ie. Disaster, Severe Weather Event, etc) regardless of selection above.
|May require travel within||No|
|Houston Metropolitan area|
|May require travel outside||No|
|of Houston Metropolitan area|
**Travel specifications may vary by department.
Please note any other special considerations to this job: __________________________
Houston Methodist (HM) is one of the nation’s leading health systems and academic medical centers. HM consists of eight hospitals: Houston Methodist Hospital, its flagship academic hospital in the heart of the Texas Medical Center and seven community hospitals throughout the greater Houston metropolitan area. HM also includes an academic institute, a comprehensive residency program, a global business division, numerous physician practices and several free-standing emergency rooms and outpatient facilities. Overall, HM employs over 25,000 employees. Houston Methodist is supported by a wide variety of business functions that operate at the system level to help enable clinical departments to provide the best patient care and service in a spiritual environment.
In 2019 Houston Methodist and its physicians treated more than 6,333 international patients from more than 76 countries. Houston Methodist Global Health Care Services’ consulting and education divisions also provide advisory services and training and development to health care organizations around the world.