IT Training Specialist - Epic Cadence / Professional Billing / Ambulatory 100% Remote Must live in HoustonInformation Technology
At Houston Methodist, the IT Training Specialist is responsible for providing training on IT applications. This individual assists with needs assessment and delivery of training programs at various levels and use of industry standard evaluation metrics. This position supports the broad use of technology by end users throughout the system.
Ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Epic Certification
- Training experience supporting: Ambulatory, Professional Billing or Cadence modules.
- Classroom, web-based, CBT training.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are essential functions of the job.
PEOPLE - 25%
- Implements and delivers training to various end users for computer and non-computer training needs throughout the Hospital System using various delivery techniques. (EF)
- Partners collaboratively with application Senior IT Training Specialist and other team members to assist in developing training programs and modalities as well as strategies that support and positively impact the delivery of patient care. (EF)
SERVICE - 25%
- Provides end user training within one-on-one and/or classroom setting. Uses adult learning theory as part of delivery. (EF)
- Reviews release notes by application to understand what changes are being proposed and implemented on a quarterly basis. (EF)
- Assists Senior IT Training Specialist in the development of training curriculum. (EF)
- Participates in IT training project development and roll-out. (EF)
QUALITY/SAFETY - 30%
- Recognizes potential projects and training opportunities and escalates these opportunities to the Senior IT Training Specialist and/or Manager. (EF)
- Maintains training assessments, evaluations and learning activities to evaluate overall training effectiveness. (EF)
- Collaborates with training team members to analyze and problem solve system or workflow challenges. (EF)
- Assists end users with the resolution of hardware, software, training and documentation
FINANCE - 10%
- Supports project management and training activities so that all affected parties are involved, gap analyses are completed, and subsequent projects are completed on time, in scope and on budget. (EF)
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 10%
- Remains abreast of new educational techniques and technology and incorporates into current training. (EF)
- Proactively manages own professional development and completes Individual Development Plan (IDP). (EF)
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
- Bachelor's Degree in education, communications, computer science, nursing, business management or related field or additional four years' experience in addition to minimum experience required below in lieu of degree.
- Three years of clinical, financial, training or operations experience in a healthcare setting.
- One year experience in an IT training role.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Epic Certification within six months of hire. Certification must be maintained.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles
- Ability to travel to local facilities in Houston for training
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, facilitation, and presentation skills
- Ability to understand and use adult learning theory as part of delivery
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving strong analytical skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to different learning styles, people and situations for best outcomes
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, specifically Word and PowerPoint
- Strong Organizational and Team-based skills, such as Active Listening, Reflection and Feedback
- Strong facilitation and communication skills
|Other (dept approved)||No|
|On-Call*||No (for Non-Exempt or Exempt jobs)|
*Note that employees may be required to be on-call during emergencies (ie. Disaster, Severe Weather Event, etc) regardless of selection above.
|May require travel within||Yes|
|Houston Metropolitan area|
|May require travel outside||Yes|
|of Houston Metropolitan area|
**Travel specifications may vary by department.
Please note any other special considerations to this job: __________________________
Houston Methodist (HM) is one of the nation’s leading health systems and academic medical centers. HM consists of eight hospitals: Houston Methodist Hospital, its flagship academic hospital in the heart of the Texas Medical Center and seven community hospitals throughout the greater Houston metropolitan area. HM also includes an academic institute, a comprehensive residency program, a global business division, numerous physician practices and several free-standing emergency rooms and outpatient facilities. Overall, HM employs over 25,000 employees. Houston Methodist is supported by a wide variety of business functions that operate at the system level to help enable clinical departments to provide the best patient care and service in a spiritual environment.
In 2019 Houston Methodist and its physicians treated more than 6,333 international patients from more than 76 countries. Houston Methodist Global Health Care Services’ consulting and education divisions also provide advisory services and training and development to health care organizations around the world.