Responsibilities and Duties:
- Performance management, maintenance, and architectural oversight of VMware, O365 including Exchange, SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams, and other integrated Application into Teams.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and upgrade Windows operating systems, including Server 2016/2019, Active Directory, SQL servers, IIS, File and Application servers. This will include monitoring to proactively detect infrastructure and networking issues.
- Installing, configuring, maintaining, and support applications and servers in the public cloud environments (AWS & Azure)
- Maintain physical and virtual server environment, running on VMWare, including attached SAN.
- Maintenance of SQL Server 2016 /2019 Enterprise instances on virtual Windows Server 2016 environments including performance tuning, backups, and recovery.
- Responsible for the monitoring, deployment, and maintenance of hardware and software running on a variety of OS primarily on Microsoft Windows and Linux, including OS patches.
- Experience in designing, deployment, configuration, integration and troubleshooting with SAML integration with 2-factor authentication platform.
- Assist with audits on existing software to verify authorized use, license certification, and sample evidence.
- Support company cloud first transformation and lift and shift initiative.
- Support developers with other third part server builds, troubleshooting, performance tracking, and remediation.
- Creates, deploys, manages Windows server baseline configuration and security hardening customizations through deployment tools, PowerShell, and batch scripting.
- Ability to work nights / weekends when project require as well as be on call 24x7.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related discipline; professional certification (e.g., Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) and VMware is a plus)
- 7+ years of extensive proven knowledge of Microsoft Technologies: O365 (OneDrive, Teams, etc.), Server 2016/2019 & Exchange Hybrid, AD, and Certificate Authority.
- 7+ years of server OS Windows and Linux installation and configuration and Microsoft SQL configuration
- 7 + years of experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Knowledge of system security (e.g., intrusion detection systems) and cloud data backup/recovery
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to people with varying degrees of technical knowledge.
- Ability to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with peers and supervisors.
- Ability to work on call, nights, and weekends on a rotating schedule.
- A college degree or the combination of Microsoft Training & Certification and equivalent work experience in the related field is required.
- Certification in the following:
- Microsoft Certification (MCITP, MCM, or MCA)
- VMWare Certified
- Cloud Certification