The IT Support Specialist will be a part of and work closely with the Technology and Innovation Team. As our full-time Help Desk Technician, you will be responsible for resolving software and hardware support problems, maintain in-depth knowledge of supported products and services and maintain documentation, records, and procedures. You will be responsible for:
Essential Job Functions
- Respond to customer support tickets promptly, providing concierge-level technical support, documenting resolutions to support requests daily, and escalating tickets as needed.
- Investigate, diagnose, and resolve software & hardware support problems locally and for our other locations
- Repair equipment and replace parts
- Support Technology and Innovation Team as needed including Quality Improvements, process improvement, SOP modifications and creation
Maintain accurate data on company PC inventory and other IT assets
Manage stocks of equipment, consumables and other supplies
Set up equipment and IT access for new hires
Communicate with employees regarding the status of their Service Desk tickets
Communicate with 3rd party support vendors to resolve support calls that require action from them
Create user level training documentation and add solutions to the knowledge base as needed
Install and configure systems, networks, printers, scanners and more
Plan and undertake scheduled maintenance upgrades
Maintain records of software licenses
Provide orientation to new users and train staff about potential uses of existing technology
- Identifying infrastructure system needs and providing feedback for development.
- Travel as required between 10% and 20% of the time based on company need and special projects
- Ability to diagnose and resolve technical issues
- Ability to analyze and identify trends
- Ability to design, plan and implement processes relating to the IT environment
- Intermediate-level decision-making, analytical problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, with a focus of rapport-building, listening, and questioning.
- Ability to communicate technical information verbally to a wide range of end-users and create knowledge articles.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and handle difficult situations and customers
- 3+ years of experience working in a Help Desk call center environment
- Technical degree or technical certification/certificate (preferred)
- Technical support, customer service, remote troubleshooting and software support experience
- Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems as well as support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Experience using help desk ticket software
- Proficient in Windows 7 and 10, Microsoft Office, Office 365, Azure AD
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move objects up to 40-50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
PosiGen is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Individuals who require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act in order to participate in the search process should notify the Office of Human Resources.