At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Energy offers a wide range of reliable and cost-effective products for the electrical power industry. Our position as a leading supplier of electrical components enables us to design next-generation products. For over 60 years, we have worked closely with our customers around the globe to develop innovative solutions to ever-changing challenges, known under names such as AMP, Raychem and Simel.
This position will be responsible for electrical design of products for TE Energy’s Connectors & Fittings products. This role is located in Fuquay-Varina, NC and the company may accommodate relocation assistance for a qualified candidate.
- Designing new connector products from concept to industrialization for low, medium, and high voltage applications using metallic and polymeric materials
- Electrical simulation and modelling using relevant software tools (COMSOL, ANSYS, ELECTRO or similar)
- Reverse Engineering competitor products
- Being a strong technical partner to product management and operations teams.
- Participating on committee standards, customer meetings, and technology days
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5 (five) or more years of relevant experience; or a combination of an Engineering Master’s degree and 3 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge in connector product design utilizing aluminum and copper materials (or knowledge with medium and/or high voltage electrical power distribution)
- Knowledge of materials properties (permittivity, conductivity, permeability, dissipation factor, influence of temperature and field stress)
- Demonstrated ability to execute engineering deliverables and manage multiple priorities
- Strong analytical/problem-solving skills
- Strong customer service mindset and mentality of delivering quality products and services on-time and within budget
- Fluent communication skills facilitating collaboration globally with own team, customers, internal business leaders and technology leaders
- Familiarity with UL, ANSI standards
- Self-motivated individual
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets