ASSA ABLOY is looking for a hard-working and organized BI Developer to be responsible for the upkeep and development of reports & advanced analytics to support our business decision making. The BI Developer builds and maintains a reporting environment to design and generate to generate reports on financial and marketing intelligence to aid in performance monitoring and business decision making. A successful BI Developer has a strong working knowledge of business trends and is able to read and analyze product, market, and share trends. You should have strong organizational, critical thinking and communication skills.
What you will be doing
- Coordinate with business analysts and customers to develop business requirements and specifications documents.
- Develop standard reports and functional dashboards based on business requirements.
- Maintain business intelligence models to design, develop and generate both standard and ad-hoc reports.
- Generate reports for internal and external customers for business performance monitoring and business decision making.
- Work with ET team in developing and executing project plans within assigned schedule and timeline.
- Manage new report generation and report enhancement based on the change requests.
- Determine business intelligence and reporting/analytics solutions to meet business needs.
- Ensure to generate and deliver quality reports/dashboards to customers in timely and accurate manner.
- Identify and resolve data issues in a timely fashion.
- Perform quality assurance checks on new or enhanced reports.
- Guide offshore teams when needed.
- Recommend improvements to provide optimum reporting solutions.
- Stay updated with business operations and business intelligence processes.
- Conduct training programs and knowledge transfer sessions to other team members when needed.
What we are looking for
- 4+ years of experience as a Business Intelligence developer or in a similar role
- Hands-on experience and advanced knowledge of SQL(SQL Server Management Studio)
- Hands-on experience in one or more data science programming languages (e.g. Python, R Studio)
- Hands-on experience in one or more reporting solutions (Power BI, Tableau, Spotfire, Qlikview, other)
- Experience with design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, data analysis, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
- Strong written & oral communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer science. Prefer Master in Computer Science
- Experience with distributed computing
- Knowledge of statistics (e.g. hypothesis testing )
- Experience with machine learning such as linear models, time-series forecasting, etc.
- Power BI, Einstein Analytics and Business Objects Experience
ASSA ABLOY is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veteran
We are the ASSA ABLOY Group
Our people have made us the global leader in access solutions. In return, we open doors for them wherever they go. With nearly 50,000 colleagues in more than 70 different countries, we help billions of people experience a more open world. Our innovations make all sorts of spaces - physical and virtual - safer, more secure, and easier to access.
As an employer, we value results - not titles, or backgrounds. We empower our people to build their career around their aspirations and our ambitions - supporting them with regular feedback, training, and development opportunities. Our colleagues think broadly about where they can make the most impact, and we encourage them to grow their role locally, regionally, or even internationally.
As we welcome new people on board, it's important to us to have diverse, inclusive teams, and we value different perspectives and experiences.