You've probably never thought about working with vehicle glass for a living -- you're not alone! Our everyday heroes come from all sorts of backgrounds, many of which have little (or no) mechanical experience. If you're naturally curious and have a customer service mindset, we'll teach you the rest.
The Automotive Technology Technician uses Safelite's industry-leading technology to recalibrate a vehicle's driver safety systems. This tech-forward position ensures that systems such as lane departure sensors and driver assistance cameras, among others, are functioning properly before our customers get behind the wheel.
What You'll Get
- Competitive weekly pay: earn up to $20/hour
- This position will receive a $2/hour pay enhancement from today-August 28, 2021
- Paid time off, holidays, paid volunteer days and a belief in work-life balance
- 401(k) plan with company matching to build your nest-egg
- Up to $5,250 annually in tuition reimbursement
- Paid training and all the tools and resources you'll need to be successful
- An actual marketplace to meet your health, wealth, life and legal needs - https://www.safelitebenefits.com
What You'll Do
- Learn to recalibrate driver safety systems using Safelite's advanced technology (in the classroom and hands on) under the guidance of experienced technicians and Safelite leaders.
- Perform automotive system recalibrations using Safelite's tools, materials, and methods while ensuring exceptional customer service.
- Safely and professionally operate a company fleet vehicle to and from customer locations.
- All other duties as assigned.
What You'll Need
- High School Diploma/GED/Equivalent required.
- Valid state-issued driver's license required.
- Proven technical aptitude with the ability to quickly learn computer/software systems.
- Demonstrate a can-do attitude when it comes to using diagnostic tools to troubleshoot roadblocks
- Strong attention to detail with a maniacal focus on precision
- The ability to read both Metric and Standard ruled tape measure and calculate measurements
- Flexibility with hours and days trained/worked, as workloads fluctuate.
- Comfort working outside in a variety of weather conditions.
- Present a professional appearance and wear personal protective equipment.
- Physical requirements: lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. for short periods, squatting, remaining on your feet for extended periods.
Your Rights: To review and consider your application, Safelite Group collects personal information. To understand what is collected and why, carefully review the Applicant Privacy Notice presented during your online application. We value our diverse workforce and we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We don't discriminate based on any characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, we'll provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application/hiring process.
Notification to Agencies: Safelite Group does not accept and will not pay commissions for unsolicited resumes or outreach from third-party recruiters or agencies. Absent a signed MSA and approval from Talent Acquisition to submit resumes for a specific requisition, we will not approve payment to any third party for hires made.