Experian is the worlds leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create more opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. We are thrilled to share that FORTUNE has named Experian one of the 100 Best Companies to work for. In addition, for the last five years weve been named in the 100 Worlds Most Innovative Companies by Forbes Magazine.
Experians Summer Internship Program is a unique opportunity for students across the country to gain hands-on work experience in our innovative global company. Our interns work alongside Experian employees to tackle meaningful projects and gain valuable skills in their chosen field. During our summer internship program, interns will have access to the latest technologies and challenging work. As a summer intern, youll learn about our exciting financial inclusion products and programs, experience philanthropic events that make us a force for good, and network across our global business units. Get ready to discover the unexpected as a part of our #uniquelyexperian summer internship program.
About this role
Participate in full application lifecycle (concept, design, build, deploy, test, and release management).
Write clean, correct code incorporating feedback from code reviews; consistently follow and enforce best practices.
- Exercise good judgment. Evaluate assignments/requests, properly prioritize tasks and/or projects, and solve problems under pressure of deadlines and resource constraints.
- Takes initiative; stays focused; always accountable. Thrives in a fast-paced environment with the ability to focus on achieving the target while minding longer term goals along the way.
- Excellent communication skills and a strong ability to present and defend technical and architectural choices persuasively.
- Investigate and Prototype new technologies.
- Foresee future changes, lead the feature team to provide expandable and scalable solutions.
- Participate in cross-team engineering efforts such as improving code review system, build pipeline, monitoring, etc.
- Currently enrolled in a minimum of a Bachelors degree program in Computer Science or related degree
- Be returning to school in the Fall of 2023 to complete degree program
Experience in Android application development, or a strong desire to get into the mobile space
Familiar with Java and/or Kotlin
- Comfortable working in a team environment following the Agile methodology
- Interest and ability to learn different technology stacks as needed
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment to deliver well-designed, reusable, and high-quality code on time
- Self-published Android applications a plus
- This position can be 100% remote
- Volunteer Time Off
Flexible work schedule and relaxed dress code
- 401(k) after 90 days of employment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and and it reflects what we believe. See our DEI work in action!
If you live in Colorado, Connecticut or New York City, please contact us here for the salary range of this position (include this Job Title in your email). In addition to a competitive base salary and variable pay opportunity, Experian offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, life and disability insurance, generous paid time off including parental and family care leave, an employee stock purchase plan and a 401(k) plan with a company match.
Experian Careers - Creating a better tomorrow together