Experian is the worlds leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create more opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. We are thrilled to share that FORTUNE has named Experian one of the 100 Best Companies to work for. In addition, for the last five years weve been named in the 100 Worlds Most Innovative Companies by Forbes Magazine.
Experians Summer Internship Program is a unique opportunity for students across the country to gain hands-on work experience in our innovative global company. Our interns work alongside Experian employees to tackle meaningful projects and gain valuable skills in their chosen field. During our summer internship program, interns will have access to the latest technologies and challenging work. As a summer intern, youll learn about our exciting financial inclusion products and programs, experience philanthropic events that make us a force for good, and network across our global business units. Get ready to discover the unexpected as a part of our #uniquelyexperian summer internship program.
About this role
Work with a wide variety of clients as part of a team of consultants to help sales and clients develop solutions to high-profile business challenges.
Develop, scope solutions, write and present proposals to client leadership
Work with a cross-functional team of analysts, consultants, sales, product, and client leadership to build analytical solutions for clients
- Deliver results, recommendations, and key findings to client leadership
- Participate in variety of analytical engagements, e.g. business intelligence, Bureau scores validation, strategy building, ML model development, custom analytical projects
- Learn to work with Experian Analytics custom suite of innovative analytical tools including AIS (analytics environment used for model building, BI, and analytical presentations), Marketswitch (optimization and tree building software, and other analytical tools such as Python, SAS, and custom VBA tools.
- Explore and gain exposure to a wide variety of clients ranging from small credit unions, fin tech, sub-prime, prime, to some of the largest financial institutions in the world
- Partner with a team of industry experts with over 20 years of experience including former SVPs and Directors at institutions such as Citibank, Bank of America, FICO, Amazon, USAA, Ford, Toyota, Transunion, and PNC.
- Opportunities to work with internal partners to build new products, increase efficiencies, document processes, streamline operations and improve internal and reporting.
- Work interactively with a team of highly trained and skilled Consultants, Project Managers, Statisticians, and Analysts.
- Support the senior management of the department to meet the established department goals.
- Creating and delivering presentations to internal and external clients on statistical analyses and interpretation of results.
- Participating in the development of standards and process improvements for analytical processes
- Providing direction to statistical analyst on statistical methods to achieve analytical objectives, which could include multiple regression methodologies, decision trees and clusters
What your background looks like:
- Currently enrolled in a Master's degree program in a related field of study
Interns must be returning to school in the Fall of 2023 to complete degree program
Excellent communication, leadership, interpersonal, and project management skills.
- The ability to present to all levels of management within Experian and to our clients.
- Problem-solving and communication skills
- Presentations and documentation skills
- Experience leading project teams, managing complex analytical projects, and setting decision strategies and policies is preferred
- A degree or pursuing a degree/concentration in finance, economics, or statistics is preferred
- Knowledge of analytical techniques and decision tools
- Working knowledge of Tableau, R, and/or Python
- Desire to learn about credit decisioning, strategy setting, gathering business requirements, and credit bureau data and its use preferred
- This position can be 100% remote
Volunteer Time Off
- Flexible work schedule and relaxed dress code
- 401(k) after 90 days of employment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and and it reflects what we believe. See our DEI work in action!
If you live in Colorado, Connecticut or New York City, please contact us here for the salary range of this position (include this Job Title in your email). In addition to a competitive base salary and variable pay opportunity, Experian offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, life and disability insurance, generous paid time off including parental and family care leave, an employee stock purchase plan and a 401(k) plan with a company match.
Experian Careers - Creating a better tomorrow together